Buddhist Culture Preservation Society (BCPS) Bomdila is a non-government organisation (NGO) working in Arunachal Pradesh, India. Established in 1987, BCPS works in the area of Art and Culture, Education, Environment and natural resource management, Health, Tribal Welfare and Vocational Training.
Over the years, the Society has been working untiringly to achieve the following objectives with the well-knit organisational structure :-
- To preserve and promote Buddhist cultural heritage of India and the local folk culture including rituals, performing arts and local traditional handicrafts.
- To preserve and protect holy places, sacred enclosures and historical monuments in the West Kameng and Tawang Districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
- To establish and run schoolas and other educational institutions for the benefit of the poor and underprivileged section of the rural population.
The Society has established the following institutions in this region:-
- Gontse Gaden Rabgye Ling Monastery, Bomdila
- Central Institute of Himalayan Culture Studies, Dahung
(now taken over by India Government)
- Shanti Deva Vidyalaya, Bomdila
- Monyul Development Centre, Lhou
- Jangchub Choeling Nunnery, Lhou
- Dolma Lhakhang, Lumla
- Thubten Choeling Balika Vidyalaya, Lhou